Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Taking care of self

I have had a sinus infection for the past month or two. Chronic nasal congestion, post nasal drip, and at times some great yellow/green mucus. Blowing my nose throughout the day, a dry cough, and general annoyance with my breathing. Last week it finally dawned on me that I have not done anything to really address what was happening. I just assumed it would take care of itself and eventually go away. But,,,,, noooooooo! It has not just gone away. It has simply become more annoying.

So finally I took charge (LOL). I have been working for the past three days with steam inhalations of Eucalyptus globulus, Inula graveolens, Citrus limon, and Melaleuca alternifolia. For the first two days I was experiencing quite a bit of relief but still had this congestion deeper inside my nasal passages. Today (the third day) I am finally feeling like what has been deeper inside is coming to the surface for relief. I am doing steam inhalations about 3 times a day. Tonight I am also going to do a nasal salt cleanse. Stay tuned!

Am looking forward to breathing freely and clearly again.